Globally and locally:
• Kesko requires that its personnel and business partners act in compliance with the K Code of Conduct guidelines.
• Kesko’s responsible sourcing is guided by Kesko’s purchasing principles and Principles and Practice of Socially Responsible Trading guide.
• Kesko’s grocery trade and Kespro are committed to good trading practices.
• In 2017, Kesko had around 26,300 suppliers and service providers from whom purchases were valued at a minimum of €1,000 during the year. Of these, around 12,600 operated in Finland, around 10,900 in Kesko’s other operating countries, and around 2,800 elsewhere.
• Kesko has a representative in several international and national organisations.
• K Group has joined in the commitment to sustainable development and published five operational commitments.
• Kesko cooperates with several non-governmental organisations, companies, trading sector organisations and other partners in order to promote a more sustainable world. These include: Plan International Finland, WWF, Fairtrade Finland, BSCI, FTA, Gasum and Solnet.