• Reduction of food waste: actions at store and customer communications aimed to cut down on household food waste.
• Active survey of circular economy solutions and opportunities.
• Innovative cooperation with Gasum: biogas produced from stores’ organic waste is used as energy in the manufacture of new Pirkka products.
• Material efficiency in all operations in order to minimize the use of natural resources.
• In 2017, K Group and the wildlife conservation organization WWF Finland began several years of wide ranging cooperation to conserve and increase endangered migratory fish populations.